Just wanted to give people an update. Just played a game vs a friend. Worked like it should. I'll give a step-by-step how we accomplished this if someone is having issues.
Remember to allow all programs to access internet, firewall etc if Windows 10(which we both are running) is asking you, when starting up the applications.
1. Download the B&W client from this website
2. Once installed, log-in and navigate to the "Settings" -> "General" -> "Download & Install"
Note: We installed the client and the game in two separate folders.
3. Go through the rest of the list of "GameTools": Fix Registry, Repair Files, Profile Fix/ Tutorial Skip and Auto-Map ports.
Note: If everything works as it should, good to go. Remember to set the .exe for B&W to "always run as administrator".
4. Create a game with the B&W client, tell your friend to join and choose presets etc and then launch once your friend joined the room. Both should have the game closed at this stage, it will launch for everyone once the host starts the match from the client.
5. When inside the game B&W, navigate to "Local Area Network" and tell everyone to join the Host as he will pop up in the list(this is how we did it). This should take you to the in-game server and you can pick a map and play!
If you can't connect to your friend, make sure that both of you have all the ports needed to play(You must forward ports 7575, 6014 and 2612 TCP.) or run the "Auto-map ports" in the client. Also make sure that your firewall or router isn't blocking any traffic from this game.
One more thing, make sure you both have the same patch of the game, same version and same expansion. When me and my friend did this, we installed no patch or addon from the website. We only installed "Creature Island" that you can pick when installing the game from the client.
Good luck and have fun!
Posted: 04 Dec 2017 12:10 pm
Worked perfectly good job Mirrow
WildBoard, Copyright (c) 2005 Koen de Kok
King Warg -
load time: 0.144 s -